Termite Control in Mt Washington, Ky and surrounding areas
Get Rid of Your Pests for Good.
Catching Termites Early
Once a termite colony has begun feeding on your home it is best to catch this activity early and eliminate the colony. Early signs that you have a termite infestation in your home can be:
- Mud Tubes on your home’s foundation or inside your attached garage
- Piles of dropped insect wings around windowsills or in the corners of your floor
- Small white insects resembling ants foraging in your mulch near the foundation of your home.
- Doors and windows that stick, or sagging floorboards.
Free Termite Inspection in Mt Washington, KY and Surrounding Areas.
United Pest Control is proud to use Termidor ® for all of our termite treatments. Termidor ® is America’s #1 termite defense and is 100% effective at controlling termites in three months or less. That’s why since its introduction in 2000, pest management professionals across the United States have made Termidor ® America’s leading termite control product, with over 4 million structures treated.
Termidor’s ® exclusive “transfer effect” eliminates termites by both ingestion and contact and is lethal to termites simply through contact with other termites that have ingested the product. Because Termidor ® is undetectable to termites, they travel through treated soil, unknowingly transferring Termidor ® back to the nest and eliminating the colony. Termidor ® treatments provide both a preventative and an elimination of existing termite colonies. Which means we exterminate your existing termite infestation and protect your home from future infestation for years to come with our annual inspection and affordable warranty renewal options.
How can I prevent termites in the future?
In addition to investing in professional termite control, you can help keep destructive termites out of your home or business with the help of the following prevention tips:
- Prevent wooden structures from becoming water damaged by properly treating the wood.
- Remove fallen trees, tree limbs, leaf piles, and similar debris from your property.
- Leave an 18-20 inch barrier between the foundation and any mulch or soil.
- Fix leaky pipes or fixtures in or around your home or business.
- Seal up entry points in the foundation of your property.
- Limit wood to soil contact on your property and around your property.
- Reduce humidity levels in your home or business by using dehumidifiers.
- Remove structural wood from your property that has been damaged by water.
- Store all firewood up off of the ground and away from the exterior of your property.
- Place weather-stripping around windows and doors and maintain gutters to stop water from seeping into your home.
We are proud to service the following areas in Kentucky:
- Mt. Washington
- Cedar Grove
- Pioneer Village
- Hebron Estates
- Fox Chase
- Hunters Hollow
- Saint Matthews
- Fern Creek
- Lake Forest
- Cox’s Creek
- New Haven
- New Hope
- Elk Creek